Lorenzo Law Firm is a professional association providing legal services in a collegial collaboration with like-minded attorneys, investigators, cyber forensic analysts, and researchers. It works on Internet law business issues addressing cyber security, Data Security law and Intellectual property law. It addresses issues regarding privacy, defamation, consumer protection, data breaches, eCommerce, business, technology, computer abuse, and litigation. Since its founding by J.B. Lorenzo, the firm has had a multi-jurisdictional scope bringing nearly 20 years of work experience into practice in order to serve clients as our registered slogan states, “Working to protect your business, ideas, and property on the web.” Under his leadership, the firm serves clients throughout the States of Florida and throughout the United States.
Its founder has a Ph.D. focusing on international law and conflict resolution. Dr. Lorenzo, “JB”, served in key posts, from clerking in the anti-fraud division for the Federal Trade Commission in 1991 through engaging in federal and state government service, as well as work in the private sector. His work as an internet law lawyer has embraced issues, starting in 1999, regarding data management, the Internet, technology, trade secrets, and digital media issues starting as counsel to the Division of Communications of Florida Department of Management Services as it transitioned to become the State Technology Office in 1999. Subsequently, he counseled on and negotiated during 2001-2002 the contract that resulted in today’s’ MyFlorida.com. He served as counsel for the expansion of Florida’s 800 MHz Law Enforcement Radio System and for the 800 MHz Law Enforcement Joint Task Force, and as well has served as counsel to the 911 Cell Phone Commission, from 2000 to 2002. He was the counsel and director of policy advising the Florida Office of Student Financial Assistance’s. After ten years, he was chief counsel to the Florida Prepaid College Board, on Internet portal issues. After all those years of experience the firm was established 2013.
He has written on the Extra-Territorial application of Antitrust Laws – a study of determining jurisdiction and has written on the EU Trademark System, and he has been as well a conference speaker on Privacy and Data Protection requirements under the Federal Trade Commission’s “Red Flags,” and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Acts requirements. He has been an adjunct professor at Florida State University, College of Law, teaching Cyber Security Law.
Also, JB Lorenzo has been appointed to the Florida Bar’s substantive law committee on Media & Communications Law of the Florida Bar for 2017-2018.
- Ph.D. Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver, in International Law
- J.D. Sturm College of Law, University of Denver, and
- B.A. (double major) The American University – School of International Service, Washington, D.C. (Economics & International Relations)
Appointments and Honors:
- He was appointed by Governor Jeb Bush and subsequently by Governor Charlie Crist for a second term to serve on the Judicial Nominating Commission for the 2nd Judicial Circuit of Florida, where he served for nine years, including serving as Vice Chair and Chair, respectively.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Supreme Court of Florida, and
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals.