Lorenzo Law Firm – LLF, works on all aspects of business issues, regulatory concerns and matters regarding privacy, data security, startups, online content and defamation. Business is a focus. From its founding, the firm has provided a multi-jurisdictional approach to serve clients as the registered slogan states, “Working to protect your business, ideas, and property on the web.” LLF serves clients throughout Florida from Miami and Ft Myers to Jacksonville and Pensacola, with Tampa and Orlando areas in between, throughout the United States, and from overseas.
J.B. Lorenzo has a Ph.D. focusing on international law and conflict resolution. Dr. Lorenzo, “JB”, served in key posts, from clerking at the anti-fraud division of the Federal Trade Commission, to working on internet law issues handling data management, data security, privacy, consumer protection, technology, trade secrets, and digital media issues, at Division of Communications of Florida Department of Management Services. From 2000 -2002, he counseled and negotiated the MyFlorida.com contract for the State of Florida, counseled the expansion of Florida’s 800 MHz Law Enforcement Radio System and the 800 MHz Law Enforcement Joint Task Force and counseled to the 911 Cell Phone Commission.
For the next 11 years, he advised on Internet Portal compliance issues for the Federal program of the Florida Office of Student Financial Assistance’s, then the Florida Prepaid College Board. In those years he litigated, conducted investigations, managed contracts, led bid proceedings, and advised on record privacy, intellectual property, and regulatory concerns.
He has written on the Extra-Territorial application of Antitrust Laws – a study of determining jurisdiction and has written on the EU Trademark System, and he has been as well a conference speaker on Privacy and Data Protection requirements under the Federal Trade Commission’s “Red Flags,” and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Acts requirements. He has been an adjunct professor at Florida State University, College of Law, teaching Cyber Security Law.
Also, JB Lorenzo has been appointed by the Florida Bar, for 2017-2019, to the Media & Communications Law Committee of the Florida Bar.
- Ph.D. Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver, in International Law
- J.D. Sturm College of Law, University of Denver, and
- B.A. (double major) The American University – School of International Service, Washington, D.C. (Economics & International Relations)
Appointments and Honors:
- Served on the Judicial Nominating Commission for the 2nd Judicial Circuit of Florida, for nine years, including serving as Vice Chair and Chair, respectively.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Supreme Court of Florida, and
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals.