Lorenzo Law Firm is a professional association providing legal services in a collegial collaboration with like-minded attorneys, investigators, cyber forensic analysts, and researchers. Our work in Internet law is combined with Data Security law and Intellectual property law. We work on many issues regarding privacy, defamation, consumer protection, data breaches, eCommerce, business, technology, computer Abuse, and necessary litigation for our clients.
Since its founding by J.B. Lorenzo, the firm has had a multi-jurisdictional scope bringing nearly 20 years of work experience into practice in order to serve clients as our registered slogan states, “Working to protect your business, ideas, and property on the web.” Under his leadership, the firm serves clients throughout Florida from Miami and Ft Myers to Jacksonville and Pensacola, with Tampa and Orlando areas in between, and throughout the Unites States. The focus has always been on consumer protection and privacy, regarding the Internet, data protection, technology, e-commerce, digital media, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets issues that affect all of us.
J.B. Lorenzo has a Ph.D. focusing on international law and conflict resolution. Dr. Lorenzo, “JB”, served in key posts, from clerking in the anti-fraud division for the Federal Trade Commission in 1991 through engaging in federal and state government service, as well as work in the private sector. His work as an internet law lawyer has embraced issues regarding data management, the Internet, technology, trade secrets, and digital media issues starting as counsel to the Division of Communications of Florida Department of Management Services as it transitioned to become the State Technology Office in 1999. Subsequently, he counseled on and negotiated during 2001-2002 the contract that resulted in today’s’ MyFlorida.com. We served as counsel for the expansion of Florida’s 800 MHz Law Enforcement Radio System and for the 800 MHz Law Enforcement Joint Task Force, and as well as served as counsel to the 911 Cell Phone Commission, from 2000 to 2002.
Thereafter, he was tasked to advise the Florida Office of Student Financial Assistance’s, where he served as counsel and director of policy for ten years. This was followed by serving as chief counsel to the Florida Prepaid College Board. Both of these two previous posts spanning over 13 years involved counseling the compliance of their Internet Portal operations.
Many of the integrated issues in his experience involved data protection, privacy, information technology management, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, fraud prevention, e-signatures, administrative and federal Regulatory law, government contracts, and administrative and civil litigation.
He has written on the Extra-Territorial application of Antitrust Laws – a study of determining jurisdiction and has written on the EU Trademark System, and he has been as well a conference speaker on Privacy and Data Protection requirements under the Federal Trade Commission’s “Red Flags,” and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Acts requirements. He has been an adjunct professor at Florida State University, College of Law, teaching Cyber Security Law.
Also, JB Lorenzo has been appointed by the Florida Bar, for 2017-2018, to the Media & Communications Law Committee of the Florida Bar.
- Ph.D. Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver, in International Law
- J.D. Sturm College of Law, University of Denver, and
- B.A. (double major) The American University – School of International Service, Washington, D.C. (Economics & International Relations)
Appointments and Honors:
- He was appointed by Governor Jeb Bush and subsequently by Governor Charlie Crist for a second term to serve on the Judicial Nominating Commission for the 2nd Judicial Circuit of Florida, where he served for nine years, including serving as Vice Chair and Chair, respectively.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Supreme Court of Florida, and
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals.